We usually focus on our upper front teeth since they’re the ones we view more often, but the bottom ones matter just as much. So you might not have noticed that you have crooked bottom teeth. If you do, it needs orthodontic treatment not just for cosmetic reasons but for improved oral health as well. Uneven mandibular teeth are indicators of much more than a dental issue; they hint at the underlying issues in your body.
Our body and mouth are not separate but unified and coordinated systems. Therefore, a problem in any other part of the body is usually not localized; the side effects are observed in other areas as well. Crooked bottom teeth, too, signify a flaw in the system — something caused your teeth to take this form. But what could it be? And, is it treatable? To answer all of these questions and more, contact us now.
Why Do I Have Crooked Bottom Teeth?
You might have spotted crooked bottom teeth in your child or yourself. Uneven teeth are pretty common, usually on the bottom row. As we grow up, our lower jaw becomes narrow as the facial muscles squeeze, affecting the alignment of bottom teeth. This leaves insufficient space for the teeth to sit next to each other, causing them to move backward and higher. Consequently, your teeth become crooked and uneven. Other than this, genetics and poor oral hygiene can give way to crooked teeth. Some factors that affect the alignment of the bottom teeth include:
- Small mouth
- Narrow jaw
- Upper and lower jaw don’t align
- Overcrowded teeth
- Missing adult teeth
- Early loss of baby teeth
- Thumb sucking or prolonged use of pacifiers as a child
In other words, your teeth become crooked due to the changes in your jaw and as a sign of aging or due to poor oral care — factors that are not entirely related to dental issues. Regardless of the cause, a proficient orthodontist can straighten crooked bottom teeth using effective treatments. You or your child do not have to live with an Impaired Mouth any longer!
How to Straighten Bottom Teeth
Fixing crooked bottom teeth is essential as it enhances your smile and prevents any complications or oral health concerns. Here are some ways to straighten bottom teeth:
- Dental Braces: They’re used to treat most dental alignment issues and are quite effective in straightening crooked teeth.
- Invisible Aligners: Clear aligners are ideal for anyone with minor crooked teeth. They’re invisible and correct misalignment over time.
- Oral Surgery: If the case is severe, it might require surgically repositioning the bones and gums that hold your teeth in place.
- Epigenetic Orthodontic Treatment: Some orthodontists use a more holistic solution to move the teeth, jaw, and palate without surgery or pain. Known as epigenetic orthodontists, they will correct your crooked bottom teeth without any wires or bracket braces, or surgery.
What’s the Takeaway?
Crooked bottom teeth are not something you should ignore. Visit an orthodontist for proper assessment as well as treatment. At Whole Health Dental Center, we focus on painless and holistic methods to cater to your needs. With us, your oral health concerns will be a thing of the past, thanks to our effective approaches. Dial (703) 385-6425 to book an appointment with us, or visit us at 7115 Leesburg Pike Suite 310, Falls Church, VA 22043.